Monday, January 21, 2013

Migration Stall

Hey, remember last May when The League sneaked over into my neighbors yard at midnight and screwed with his flock of plastic birds?

Rawr and I may have gone back and "borrowed" these.

Me. The night of the Forced Migration.
Be honest. It looks like I'm flipping off the camera, doesn't it?


Like, six months ago.

It was meant to be all in good fun. We were going to set up a Flamingo Rescue Station in my front yard with a wading pool and plastic palm trees, only we sort of dumped the flock on the back patio and immediately forgot about them.


This is what they look like presently. I never said it was a 5-star resort.

In hindsight, I suppose it's better we never returned them because the neighbor we "borrowed" them from turned out to be severely anti-social and is never home, anyway. And when he is... I dunno. I kind of get a serial-killer feel when I see him. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe it's his ripped up blinds in his upstairs window that gives the impression someone died in there, but not before trying to claw their way out. Hm.

I got tired of looking at this pitiful pile of pink (heh. Say THAT five times fast!). So I stopped going out onto my patio. What. Rawr and I meant to go dump them back on his lawn, it's just... well. We forgot.

Now you know why we stole rescued them in the first place.

Except it seems as though I provided similar living conditions.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Question is: What do you think we should do with them?

1 comment:

Gary said...

Set them up like a homeless community. Sitting around a burn barrel drinking Night Train and eating chili out if the can with a couple of cardboard boxes for houses.